The Down Home Music School strives to encourage and develop our students’ skills in the most enjoyable way possible! To do this, all students are required to read and agree to our School Policy Agreement when they enroll. You can find further explanation of our policies on our FAQ page. Please Contact us with any other questions or to enroll!
- Single, non-recurring lessons are $30 per half-hour appointment and can be scheduled anytime. An ongoing weekly recurring lesson commitment to the same day/time/teacher is $27 per half hour, paid in 5-week increments of $135. Discounts are given for households enrolled in 3 or more private recurring lesson slots. You must start within 2 weeks of registering.
- Payment is due upon registration and by phone or in person via cash, check, or card. All tuition payments go into a family account; the cost of each lesson taken is then deducted every week. See ABSENCES & CANCELLATIONS regarding missed & make-up lessons.
- Once your account hits zero, confirmation you are continuing and payment for the next 5 weeks is required to hold your lesson time. Automated billing is also available upon request. If you do not pay before the date of the next lesson, you will be charged a $3 late fee per overdue lesson.
- Lesson commitments are considered continuous; we assume students will be taking more than 5 lessons. If you decide to stop lessons at any time, please give at least 24-hour notice so you are not charged and we can make the time slot available to other students. If there is still money in your account, you may freeze the account for up to 1 year or apply the money to another student’s lessons.
- We track attendance through our sign-in sheets. Please sign in upon arrival. Once you have signed in, you can wait for your lesson upstairs in our waiting room.
- Regular attendance at your designated time is expected. Students who arrive late cannot be guaranteed a full lesson. If a student is 15 minutes late without contacting us, it will be treated as a no-show, unexcused absence.
Absences & Cancellations
- 24-hour notice is required for all absences. Please notify the administrator of all absences by phone or email. Students who do not give 24-hour notice will be charged for the missed lesson and not allowed to reschedule.
- Students who enroll in an ongoing weekly lesson commitment to the same time and teacher are paying for an instructor to reserve a spot in their schedule for them every week. Therefore, you will be billed for a lesson every week; but with 24-hour notice, you may arrange a make-up lesson for another day or time within 30 days of the missed date. Make-up options are strictly based on the instructor’s availability; the more advance notice given, the more options there are to reschedule. Missed or canceled make-ups will not be rescheduled.
- If a student misses a class and their account is at zero, they will automatically be dropped from the schedule and not be re-enrolled without payment for more lessons including the canceled lesson.
- No refunds or make-ups will be given for missed group classes.
- If an instructor is absent, other lesson time options or a substitute instructor will be offered. If those do not work out, the lesson will be excused and your account will not be charged. If lessons are canceled because of weather, you will be contacted by phone and email as soon as possible.
- There are no classes on the following federal holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.